About Amboy, WA
Amboy is located in northern Clark County at the junction of Chelatchie Creek and Cedar Creek, a west-flowing tributary of the Lewis River. Washington State Route 503 passes through the community, leading southwest 11 miles to Lewisville and northeast 11 miles to Yale. Amboy is located around 30 miles northeast of Vancouver, Washington.
According to the United States Census Bureau, in 2010 the Amboy CDP had a total area of 10.0 square miles, of which 0.02 square miles, or 0.16%, is water. This was a reduction from a total area of 14.3 square miles at the 2000 census.
Amboy was named by Amos M. Ball, who settled in the area in 1879 and whose family operated the Post Office after it was established in 1880. According to some sources, there were several settlers in the area, including Ball, with the initials A.M.B., who referred to themselves as the A.M. Boys. Reportedly, Ball named the town after that group. Another story states that the town was named after Ball’s son, referred to by locals as the A.M. Boy.
A historical church known as the Amboy United Brethren Church was built in 1910 and converted into a museum in 2000.